University Testing Services
THEA - Institutional (Quick)
TASP Test is now called THEA Test. The content of the THEA Test is the same as the former TASP Test. The THEA Test has been approved by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, under Senate Bill 286, Texas Education Code, Section 51.3062: Texas Success Initiative, for use by Texas institutions of higher education as an assessment instrument for entering students.
THEA Test must be taken before enrolling in any college-level coursework. Each section of the THEA Test is designed to measure a student`s academic skills against an established standard of competence. Your score on each section of the test is based on your performance in relation to the skills being tested.
To pass the THEA Test, you must pass all three sections (Reading, Mathematics, and Writing). You may take one, two, or three sections at a given test administration. Once you pass a section of the test, you do not have to take that section again. If you do not pass one or more sections, you may register again and take only the section (s) of the test that you have not already passed.
A total of five hours of testing time will be provided. You may use the time available to work on any or all of the three sections of the test. The individual test sections are not timed within the test session. You may spend as much time you want on each section until the test session ends.
Institutional THEA (a/k/a QTHEA) at the University of Houston is administered every Wednesdays at 8:00 am, and more days available during peak times. A registration and payment will be required each time you register. You must report to the University Testing Services at 8:00 am even if you plan to take only one section. You will not be admitted late to the test session, and you have to reregister for the next test date. Registration fee is NON-REFUNDABLE.
You MAY NOT take the Institutional THEA (Q-THEA) again until 30 days after your first attempt.
You may register online for the Institutional THEA (aka QTHEA) -- formerly Quick TASP -- at testing.las.uh.edu or come to University Testing Services at room 204 Student Service Center 1. You must register at least 48 hours before the schedule test time and day. All registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
There are 2 (two) separate fees for the QTHEA:
- $10.00 non-refundable registration fee payable to University of Houston at the time of registration by credit card, cash, check or money order (currently enrolled UH students will be billed) and
- $29.00 payable to Evaluation Systems on the day of the test. Evaluation Systems fee of $29.00 can be paid only by personal check, money order, VISA, MasterCard, TASP test voucher, or purchase order payable to Evaluation Systems.
National Evaluation Systems, Inc.
PO Box 140347
Austin, TX 78714-0347
QUICK THEA REFUND POLICYIf you have already registered for an upcoming standard THEA test but then take the Quick THEA, you may receive a refund for the standard administration when:
- Your institution requires that you take Quick THEA.
- You have submitted full payment to NES with your Quick THEA materials.
- Your institution submits a request to NES on institution letterhead before the standard THEA late registration deadline published in the THEA bulletin.
THEA (PAPER AND PENCIL)Refer to the THEA bulletin (available at the University Testing Services, Room 204 Student Service Center 1) for registration information and test dates. You may also visit THEA website at www.thea.nesinc.com/.
The THEA test is administered six times per year. The registration fee is $29.00. You will receive your results in approximately four weeks from the date of the test.
THEA - Institutional (Quick)is being given at the times listed below. If no times are shown please call (713) 743-5444.
- Wednesday, May 22, 2013 - 8:00 AM
- Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 8:00 AM
- Wednesday, June 05, 2013 - 8:00 AM
- Wednesday, June 12, 2013 - 8:00 AM
- Wednesday, June 19, 2013 - 8:00 AM
- Wednesday, June 26, 2013 - 8:00 AM
- Wednesday, July 03, 2013 - 8:00 AM
- Wednesday, July 10, 2013 - 8:00 AM
- Wednesday, July 17, 2013 - 8:00 AM
- Wednesday, July 24, 2013 - 8:00 AM
- Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 8:00 AM
- Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 8:00 AM
- Wednesday, August 14, 2013 - 8:00 AM
- Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 8:00 AM
- Wednesday, August 28, 2013 - 8:00 AM