Parent Education Project
Parent-to-Parent Services for Families of Children with special health care needs
Families CAN - provides a range of services to empower and support families who are caring for children with chronic illnesses and/or physical disabilities.
Family Partners - are parent caseworkers who themselves are parents of children with special health care needs. They work one-on-one with families to assist, support and empower them in getting resources for their children and to enhance their families' quality of life.
Free Services Provided
- Information & Referrals.
- In-home casework services.
- Assistance with getting services from other agencies.
- Assistance with coordination of children's resources, services and educational programs.
- Family Support Services.
- Advocacy with policy-making committees to represent the parents' point of view.
- Parent Support Groups
Transition Workshop for Parents
- When: 3rd Thursday of every odd month
- Time: 6:30pm – 8:00pm
- Location: Shriners’ Hospital (6th floor) - 6977 Main St. (just past intersection of Main & Holcombe).
- Parking: Hospital Parking is Free
- Speakers to be announced
- Children, Youth & Transitioning Young Adults are also welcome
- Spanish Translation available
- Parent training
- Families CAN Newsletter, Quarterly, in English and Spanish
The Families CAN Program is funded by the Texas Department of State Health Services: Children with Special Health Care Needs Division
For more information, contact:
Shelley Townsend (713) 743-5491